Put Ender 5 Plus in cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put Ender 5 Plus in cabin

I am working to make a desk dedicated to my printer. This will be in my workshop. There are 2 challenges that I want to address by putting the printer in a cabin. My workshop has a bit of humidity and as I have a mill, a lathe a disk saw and a router desk means that there are a lot of sources for dust. Putting a frame around the Ender 5 plus with acrylic plates I want to protect the printer from dust and be able to create a stable temperature environment and have less humidity in that cabin.

Does anyone have an indication of possible problems that might be caused or have a suggestion on how to make it as useful as possible?

Enclosing a printer to keep dust out will also keep excess heat in and the electronics of the printer may not last as long as it should. Most printers that are designed enclosed usually have a way to cool the control board at least. Might be easier to find space in a different room for the printer.

Comment

You are definitely right. Sadly I have already filled the room in our cellar with my workshop. I.e. I am looking for a way to have a CNC, I plan to make it a 100 x 50 cm worksurface, connected to a crane that makes it possible to lift it close to the roof of my workshop. I am planning to build a cabin not being part of the frame but to have the size of a table I am building to place the printer in a cabin that is larger. I have to make sure warm air can exit but not result in an airflow that impacts the deposition of the filament material when printing an object. As electronics are part of my hobby activities, I will see how strong the impact is. But the body on which the printed object is built makes an efficient heating device, the same as the extruder.
      My thing goes in the direction of using the Peltier technology. If I find a way to transfer the heat the Peltier element is absorbing and as a result cooling takes place within the cabin without making an airflow that could negatively impact the deposition process.

Comment

for the enclosure add a vent (fan) to help pull extra heat out. spare pc fan and have the enclosure set up so there a foam or filter materiel for the new ( cool) care to come though to help keep dust down may extend life from from heat ( if do it right set it so the air hit the boards first then though rest of unit )

Comment

Thanks for your response. I fully agree that a filter should be where air flows in. But probably there will always be left a narrow opening between the structural elements and the acryl glass plates. But promoting the air to enter has its advantages. What concerns me is the airflow within the cabin. Is there any experience regarding what has to be taken into account? I know from reading that for certain filament materials higher temperatures are required.

Comment

it true different types need different temps. ( fighting with petg to get clean prints ( it want 220 ) old printer could not keep it up that high. but I be more concerned with the order some are said to have ( we stick with pla and until the petg runs out it ) but a small fan set in top to run low (or medium) should not affect the temps too much can always get a temp probe set up to control the fan coming on and off to keep the temps where need them. just remember to make it big enough to include some arm room and the spool on top if that how your printer rolls lol)

Comment

Thanks. I Will report when I have it. Stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
              X