Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	22782

Click image for larger version

Name:	6d7de954-9265-4562-882b-97e8489cf139_zpsyxg8dw8v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	22783

Looks good! Do you design/print other custom RC parts?

I just had the thought a few days ago that I would like to buy a base kit and design a cool vehicle body to print and assemble with my son. Any recommendations for base RC car kits? This is something I haven't ever looked for, so it's all new to me.

Comment

I design and print my own stuff. Although some things I have to send of to shapeways as I don't have SLS powder type.

base RC Vehicle... that's not an easy one. depends what your had in mind as an end result. browse through ebay where you could pick up a bargain rolling chassis.

I mainly do Trucks but you can get road cars, off road, and crawlers. I think crawler type would be the better one. this type has things like land rovers and toyota hilux style but the chassis is more accomodating.

you could also look into the monster truck type. midnight pumpkin made by Tamiya is a nice easy and basic RC model and is a fun model.

hope this was helpful, if not I am more than happy to add more.

becky

Comment

The Midnight Pumpkin looks cool and it's pretty big at 1/12 scale! I just started looking at off-road crawler types. Seems like a good style for customization. Any specific recommendations on those? Thoughts on electric vs Gas/Nitro?

This is turning into a bit of an RC post.

Comment

well you would like advice for your printer project which happens to be about RC lol

I would go electric. if its the first time in the RC cars world as the nitro versions can be a bit fustrating.

I would try and re-create the RC vehicle in CAD. it gives you a good platform to litterally build upon.

the midnight pumpkin isnt actually that large in reallity. although the scale makes it appear like that it's huge.

Comment

I'll probably go with electric as you recommend. Also, as far as building off of the existing car, I happen to work with Artec 3D scanners and will probably use the Spider to scan the assembled chassis to use in CAD. Should be a great project and it looks like I won't have to spend too much to get in at a beginner level.

Thanks for the recommendations and I look forward to seeing some of your other projects!

Comment

Hello Rebekah_harper,
              What a beautifull DAf cabine have you maked!! Big compliments.
              I am busy to make a Daf turbo Twin on a scale 1:13
              and i am looking for drawings for 3D printing for it.
              Can you help me??!!
              Your cabine is nearly the same, only the Turbo Twin is a 3600 and has smaler windows at the back.
              I hope you will and can help me?
              Kind regards,
              Rene

Comment

Your truck looks very impressive, Rebekah. I'm into RC model boats and now use only electric motors.
                There are some really small ESC's on the market now and you could easily fit one in to your model.
                hope your son enjoys it
                Last edited by Marchie; 03-15-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

thankyou

My cabs are 1/14 scale which makes them around 170mm wide. they fit on the std tamiya truck chassis.

Comment

Working...
                  X