Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost to print a figure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would it cost to print a figure?

Hey, I am new here!
    I have a couple of questions.
    How much would it cost to get a 3d printer which could print this figure in a good quality?
    And how much approximately would it cost to print the figure 10 cm long or 20 cm long if I bought a printer?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10TvKR...pg_640x640.jpg

Originally posted by TobiWan
    Hey, I am new here!
    I have a couple of questions.
    How much would it cost to get a 3d printer which could print this figure in a good quality?
    And how much approximately would it cost to print the figure 10 cm long or 20 cm long if I bought a printer?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB10TvKR...pg_640x640.jpg
    Hi that's a bit of a question, any fdm/fff printer will print this, cost is dependant on material used, and infill percentage, if you print it solid it will cost more than using 10% infill, and printing in PLA is so much easier than say ABS or nylon, a DLP printer will do this better, but they are costly and limited in build volume, personally I would buy a large format corexy design as this would give you the option to print larger objects, bear in mind that any cheap printer will need modded to get the besttl from it, and a kit will mean you know exactly how the machine works,

Comment

Wouldn't be a problem with hair?

Comment

No, any overhanging parts that are greater than 45' and any parts that would start in thin air would be supported with supports, the slicer will deal with that, you will be surprised with what is possible

Comment

So let's assume I have a printer and want to print 10 cm long figure using 30% infill, and I print in PLA, nylon and metal. What would be the price for each of them?

Comment

It's all model dependant, do you have the model??, By far the cheapest if PLA, nylon is a pain to print, and metal us really plastic with metal bits in and expensive

Comment

Using a similar model scaled to that size it would be ~200 grams of plastic and around $60 for me to print it.

Comment

That's for pla, nylon would be ~120 and metal would be ~200. If you printed them it would be 500 for a large enough machine, about 130 in filament between the different types and over 100 hrs of man time to learn how to use it well

Comment

The cost will depend on which type of 3D printer you want, what is your requirements and what type of material you want to use.

Comment

Have you given this a shot, TobiWan? I'd love to hear about your experiences. Just getting into 3D printing myself as well.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
                    Working...
                    X