Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really lost in this 3d printing world - advice required

Hi all, new to this and need some help.

About 2 years ago, probably more I bought a mini kossell Delta in kit form off aliexpress and assembled it straight away. Then as work kept me busy never got round finishing the electronics off. I have just finished it tonight and it powers up nicely, but that's it .

The guide says install drivers but I do get the option when its connected to USB. I have installed a form of Ardino 1.0.5 but am not stuck..

Any ideas what I should be doing now???....damn those Chinese instructions

So a little bit further along. Installed repet thingy and even got it to detect printer on com4 yet then it told me to set up local server to connect rather than serial connection...

a bit lost and looking for a bit of guidance....thanks

Comment

ok so just looking for someone with a magic wand that can make it all work for me....LOL

So now when I do anything manual as I have connected via the host its flys down and scrapes the masking tape with the extruder......where do I do the set up????

Comment

Will the printer now go to it's home position? Your last post was a bit vague.

Comment

When I click home it goes down and then scrapes along the bed. Not sure how to calibrate or set up home....

Comment

On manual no matter what u press it just descends slowly....all 3 drives work slowly...I have not done any set yet I can't see where

Comment

Sounds like you just need to calibrate the Z axis on the bed? I'm not familiar with your printer but it's likely a mechanical adjustment with 4 screws under the bed. You're bed it too high if the extruder is hitting it and you need to keep cranking those bed screws until you have it in proper position and level to the print head. Searching "bed level" and watching a few vids might shed some light for you.

Comment

I have no idea about it. There are different types 3d printer with good and speedy. I have seen a 3d printer manufacture some products for me named Binashree.

Comment

Hi Slurm, I got one of these mini delta machines & need to finish building it. I have a friend who has one & uses it regularly... I will find out about the software source & how to get it working, as I will soon be in the same situation too.

Comment

Working...
                  X