Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Da Vinci Jr 1.0 - .stl to .3w issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Da Vinci Jr 1.0 - .stl to .3w issues

    Hi all, so i just got the DaVinci Jr for Christmas and have been printing a ton from thingiverse. Loving it. Now want to print some of my own designs from Sketchup, which i have used for years as a tool for construction drawings for furniture, decks, etc.

    I have been reading about the importance of manifold, etc. So understand that. I have created a solid object in which all components are joined by Outer Shell. SolidInspector2 plugin says it's all good. I export the .stl and run it through the netfab online repair tool. Then open in xyzware. The stl looks perfect to this point. Then i export the .3w and it looks crazy. See screenshots.

    I feel like i have tried everything. Any advice? This object is 1/2 in. square, if it matters.

    Thanks for any help!


    #2
    That's normal. What you are seeing in the second screenshot is the layers of the sliced model. It's what the printer needs to print the object. Have you tried printing it yet?

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for your reply Andrew. I did print this last night and it came out mostly fine. I was concerned about the corners where they appear open. Those corners did seem to be much thinner than other parts with the same dimensions. I printed at 50% infill so maybe I can try going up to 90% to see if that helps.

      Thanks again!

      Comment


        #4
        Glad it's working for you, though it is a very small part for an FDM machine. You can try printing solid for something this small to see what happens. Also, it may help to print multiples at the same time if you have issues with the nozzle heating up the part a lot and melting it during your prints.

        Comment

        Working...
        X