Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cubify 3rd Gen Cube Firmware downgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cubify 3rd Gen Cube Firmware downgrade...

Howdy I have trimmed up my old abs cube cartridge to feed bulk filament but my new firmware wont allow it to run on an empty cartridge. Is i possible to downgrade and or reprogram the chip in my cartridge to set it back to full?
    Attached Files

On the cube 2, people were able to start a print job with a good "full" chip in place, pause the print, and swap with the empty cartridge to prevent the good chip from being written and reduced. See this thread. It might work for the Cube 3 as well.

http://cube3d.createaforum.com/gener...bulk-filament/

Comment

I already tried that. the ne firmware update picks up that the original cartridge is missing and kilks the job.

Comment

Hmmm... I couldn't find any other solution. They must have closed all the previous loop holes.

Comment

I heard that one guy removed the electronics and used arduino to drive the printer instead, but I would rather just use an older firmware. do you know anyone who would have them?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the older firmware versions. Also, it looks like the portal only allows for downloading the latest. I'll let you know if I ever come across an older version.

Comment

They use Amazon AWS to host files. Luckily they keep an index

http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/

or for v1.10: http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/publi...ube%20V1.10.ar

EDIT: If someone could reverse engineer, or use them to do a bulk filament hack, I would be a happy camper.

Comment

Nice! Good link.

Comment

But a can't install this firmware. AndrewBougie did you succeeded in installing?

Comment

hello every body i made a small device to hack the printer , its fully worked in pla but i did not test it yet in abs , could some body send me empty abs chip and i need another abs chip with 3 % at lest , if any one interested my iMessages is : chlach@me.com or your can send me email to the same address

Comment

Downgrading is not that hard
                      try using 2 usb drives one whit 1.14B.ar and one whit 1.10ar (renamed to 1.14B)
                      first start firmware upgrade via usb and when the screen says downloading switch the real 1.14B whit the renamed and push retry now the cube will start downloading 1.10
                      i also have a workaround for the "minimum version not met "

Comment

Thanks Man, I can Finally start to use my abs plastic soon. there has been parts that I've been needing to print in abs.

Comment

If you downgrade, can you still use the latest version of the desktop software?

Comment

Yes you we can use the latest cubeprint but you have to make the folders writeprotectet in appdata under user

Comment

Originally posted by runemart View Post
                              They use Amazon AWS to host files. Luckily they keep an index

http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/

or for v1.10: http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/publi...ube%20V1.10.ar

EDIT: If someone could reverse engineer, or use them to do a bulk filament hack, I would be a happy camper.

Hello everyone,
                              Please i look for the V1.09 firmware. Somebody have it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenon25 View Post
                                Downgrading is not that hard
                                try using 2 usb drives one whit 1.14B.ar and one whit 1.10ar (renamed to 1.14B)
                                first start firmware upgrade via usb and when the screen says downloading switch the real 1.14B whit the renamed and push retry now the cube will start downloading 1.10
                                i also have a workaround for the "minimum version not met "
                                I downgrade to V1.09 but it doesn't work !!! The printer always says me than the cartridge was removed. Somebody have an another solution ?

Comment

Hey Xenon25,
                                  I am interested in your workaround for the "minimum version not met "
                                  I just bought my printer (closeout) its running 1.11 firmaware, but when I print with the current version of Cubify i get that error (317) minimum version not met.
                                  The fix is to upgrade the firmware, I think, but I dont really want to do that.
                                  What is your workaround?
                                  Thanks
                                  JSO5000

Comment

I am also getting error (317) minimum version not met on my very first print. How do we fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                    X