Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slic3r does not use the nozzle diamter correctly

Hi all

Ive had endless problems using slic3r 1.2.9 for my nozzle size.

Im not sure i got this all wrong. But when it says nozzle size. This is by extruding some squshed line of filament and measuring its diameter right?

Or have i got that completely wrong?

So my sqished filament diamter is 0.70mm but the extruder clicks like mad and jams. It seems I can only enter 0.5 as a nozzle size for anything to work with this software

Look at your order form or parts listing for your printer. On it there should be a nozzle size. It is the size of the hole in your nozzle that you enter. If you don't have a listing then use .4. If you paid for a very high precision printer it would be smaller lie 3 or 2, but most come with .4 right now. It is the most forgiving nozzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy_HSV View Post
      Look at your order form or parts listing for your printer. On it there should be a nozzle size. It is the size of the hole in your nozzle that you enter. If you don't have a listing then use .4. If you paid for a very high precision printer it would be smaller lie 3 or 2, but most come with .4 right now. It is the most forgiving nozzle.
      Yep its definitely 0.4 as i bought an extra pack of them but I was always confused what it was supposed to be. Some say the size you enter into the software should be the width of your extracted filamant and other say the actualy hole size of the nozzle itself.

I will enter it back to 0.4 again and thats what it came with

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse
      Working...
      X