Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Modelling/slicing software and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite Modelling/slicing software and why?

Just what the title says. What is your favorite Modelling/slicing software and why is it your favorite? Thanks for taking the time to answer and share your opinions.

My favourite would have to be repeater host (Which I belive uses slic3r?) simply because its an all in one solution...

Comment

You mean Repetier? Thanks for the reply!!!

Comment

indeed I do. Sorry, was typing on my phone, and didnt notice the mistake.

I've not really got into modeling that much though (only just got my printer ) So I cant comment on modeling software, other than I dont particularly like sketchup... lol. Wings3D used to be good when I did modeling for some "The Sims 2" mods, but I've been told its gone down hill since then...

Comment

I am new too! I just bought and assembled the Rostockmax V3. It was pretty difficult, but now that I'm printing, it was worth every swear word! I asked everyone what their favorite software was because I need to get the easiest to use one :-) It's been about 10 years since I used autocad!!

Comment

My favorite slicer is Simplify3d, its very easy to use but also has many features to play with. Its the only slicer that I know of that you can create custom supports. Its nice because they offer profiles for many different printers so you only have to use 1 slicer for all printers that you have. Some other features that are helpful is the multi-model positioning for multi nozzle prints, instead of eye balling it will place the models where they where when they were modeled.

Comment

Simplify3d. Ok, cool, I'll try that one tonight! I tried 123d last night and it was pretty decent.

Comment

The only problem being is it $150 for a lifetime license. Its a big jump but I promise its worth it. There are many people on YouTube that have videos about its features.

Comment

But for modeling I use Rhinoceros.

Comment

Ok so Simplify3d for slicing and rhino for modelling?

Comment

I would recommend Simplify3d to most people but not Rhino, unless you are trying to get deep into modeling. I would check out Tinkercad and maybe if you are sure if you want to get serious get the free student version of Fusion 360 from Autodesk.

Comment

Simplify3D. Speed. Support. Features. You get what you pay for. Never looked back and never had a print problem due to slicer or printer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadrack
                          Simplify3D. Speed. Support. Features. You get what you pay for. Never looked back and never had a print problem due to slicer or printer.
                          I just purchased a license for Simplify3d. I went to print my first print and it was all jarbled up. Do I need simplify3d if I use Mattercontrol?

Comment

Simplify3D is an excellent slicer and probably comes top of our list. However, Cura is also really good and $150 less

Cheers,
                            www.3dexfilament.co.uk

Comment

I purchased a license for Simplify 3d. Now I need to figure out how to use it! Time to hit the books again :-). Oh, by the way, when I went to go print another design (made multiple prior and did not change anything), the printer seemed to have "jumped across the X axis a bit (few mm) and skewed the print. What could have caused this? Belts? I don't know....

Comment

Originally posted by 3Dex View Post
                                Simplify3D is an excellent slicer and probably comes top of our list. However, Cura is also really good and $150 less

Cheers,
                                www.3dexfilament.co.uk

I checked out your filament. Is the shipping price figuring in that I am in the USA? If so, thats a great price and I'll definitely try some.

Comment

Originally posted by skyjuice View Post

I checked out your filament. Is the shipping price figuring in that I am in the USA? If so, thats a great price and I'll definitely try some.
                                  Hi Skyjuice,

That shipping price is not to get to the US but PM me or email us at support@3dexfilament.com and we can get you the best price.

Comment

Modelling: Currently Fusion 360, why - a combination of licence options, reliability and features. I used Solidworks for 5 years previously, and SolidEdge for ~2 years.
                                    Slicing: Flashprint, but I have 2 dual extruder printers. I'd like a couple of the features from Simplify 3D but haven't needed them.

Comment

Simplify3D is my favorite software for slicing. Because it is an
                                      integrated software solution for 3D Printing.It is a slicer that offers speed & reliability for 3D Printing.

Comment

Working...
                                      X