How to prevent warping on tall prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent warping on tall prints

So you see the picture, how can I prevent this? I'm open to suggestions. It looks like to me that when it started printing the overhang the print separated from the supports. As the print continued to warp the nozzle eventually caught the print and knocked it off the print bed. I'm really not sure what to do. My settings are extruder temp 225, bed temp 95, print speed is 50 mms. I'm using ABS filament, my printer is alunar m505 which is anet a8 clone. Here is the link to STL file. It's the frame piece. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:871333

That's a tough one but, as I understand, the nature of ABS. The boggle is that you need the support material to be removable but the current setting does not provide enough points of connection to counter the curling of the material as it cools. If your slicer program doesn't allow any steps between detachable and dissolvable, you may need to generate the necessary support structure with the model so that it gets printed correctly.
    The other thought that I just had is to run a space heater that keeps the part warm as it's being printed.

Comment

It looks like the thingiverse file has the frame with or without built in supports. Have you tried printing the one with built in support?

Comment

Working...
      X