How would you print a horse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you print a horse?

I'm curious on how y'all would approach printing a horse. I was maybe considering printing one upside down to reduce the amount of supports. I probably wouldn't need a raft. The legs being straight up might not be a good idea. I haven't had much luck printing long thin objects. I was also considering side ways. But that would probably create some ugly textures from the edges of various layer. If I print one standing though. That would be a ton of supports.I think I'd most certainly need a raft. I plan to use ABS cause that's what my printer likes best. .2mm layer height .4 nozzle. I've got nozzles
    .2-.5mm I could use if y'all think that would yield better results. I don't really need high quality. The model is going to be painted. I'm open to any suggestions.

Also does anyone know about how tall at the head a typical horse is. I need to print this at a 1:87 ratio or 1/8in = 1 foot. Most horses are measured to its back. The model I have I think is a thoroughbred but I could also use a model for a Clydesdale as well.

Personally I would chop it's legs off. I hardly ever print objects in a single piece, especially if they are complex organic shapes. Minimizes wasted material and supports on your object.

Comment

Hello, you could give a try by cutting it in two half parts and printing it like that. Depending of the model it might not need any support, but some glue afterwards. Since you mentioned that you do not need it in high quality and it will be painted, the it might not show that its was glued together.

It's for sure worth a try, also just to gain some experience with it.

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
      Working...
      X