Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warped layers on the edge of my print... How to improve the situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warped layers on the edge of my print... How to improve the situation?

Hi,

I am getting some problems with layer warping on the edge of my print (see the attached photos). I am printing with ABS at 240 degrees.
    There were no problems with bed adhesion i.e. the print did not lift from the bed.

Any ideas of what I could do to avoid this? (the 3d printer is surrounded by cardboard walls)

cheers,
    Daniel 3d print problems
    Last edited by modaniel; 05-02-2017, 10:21 AM.

What print surface are you using and what temp? I've had issues like that in the past and it's been one of two things. Temp too low,try increasing 5c at a time and see what happens. Poor quality filament or filament that has absorbed too much water.

Comment

I agree ☝️

ill add that at skirt/brim 5 lines deep and 0mm distance from part will hold it together till it fully cools.

Comment

You need a warm enclosure to prevent the delamination thats occuring, its caused by the part cooling and shrinking, keep it warm and let it cool down slowly, if its happening during printing you need to raise the temp of the enclosure a bit and keep draughts away
        Adding a skirt or brim wont solve this issue, its layer adhesion thats breaking down, you MAY find raising the nozzle temp by 5-10c may help

Comment

Working...
        X