Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFCP Cooling Fan Cools Down Nozzle. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFCP Cooling Fan Cools Down Nozzle. HELP!

Hello, thanks for wasting your time with my stupidity.

I have had a FFCP for about half a year now, and it printed FLAWLESSLY. I'm stumped though.
    You know the fiberglass insulation that is on your extruder hotends? Well, both of mine fell off, and I cant find them ANYWHERE. I normally use my cooling fan with IC3D 1.75mm ABS. But at some random point, (IDK if it is even because my insulation fell of) my fan decided, "HEY! I have an idea, lets blast so much air at the hotend that it cools it down the the point where I can't even extrude!" and now, I have to mess around and and get it to work by unplugging the fan and plugging it back in and heating up the extruder REALLY HOT (250c) and then turning on the fan. With the fan it greatly improves my ABS print quality and prevents layer warping and layer overheating problems. I currently am not using my fan during the print right now, with my temp settings at 230c for the nozzle, and 110c for the print bed. I am using ReplicatorG Sailfish 0040r24 with direct USB connection... Does anyone know what my issue might be, or if I just need new fiberglass?

Thanks so much,

Carter

New fiberglass or a redesigned fan duct. I've spent a lot of time redesigning my fans over the last year lol. Doesn't help that I am also on my 3rd different extruder design though either I suppose :-/

Comment

I made a printer from a wanhoa i3 and designed my own nozzle with a RTV Silicone Ultra Copper boot. this stuff is good for continuous heat at 317C. and seem to be working great. I made a mold out of ABS which it does not stick to. Been pretty happy as it insulate and keep the direct air off. I let it cure for about 2 weeks.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	RTV boot.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	105695

Comment

Working...
      X