Warping and bad infill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warping and bad infill

Hi guys, I have Prusa I3 Pro B and I have a few problems.

I'm usually using Cura and lately I have a problem that when I print the skirt, it prints it too thin, the flow is like a small points, with Sli3er the flow of the skirt is as it should be, I double checked the settings in Cura and everything looks ok.

The other problem is happening when I'm using Sli3er, 90% of my printings are warping in the corners especially in my designs, my bed is preheated to 65 deg and the hotend is on 200 deg, I'm using PLA and all the basic settings are as it should be, I tried to print slower, different infills, density, bed leveling ,nothing helps.

Another problem is when I print its not fill the model as it should be and there are holes in the model (photo attached).

Thanks for the help!

Edited: Just found a picture of the bad skirt when I'm using Cura:

Last edited by IN43; 03-08-2017, 01:17 PM.

The skirt is mainly to prime the nozzle getting proper flow started and it prints at a distance from the part looping a number of times and usually one layer height and has nothing to do with holding the part down, what you need is a brim setting that acts as a base to hold parts down and can be set to any size ( will need to be trimmed off final print) start at 1 mm. The first image appears to be printed on the red heatbed not recommended better to put a nice flat plate of glass to print on using glue stick layer as well. The heated bed is not needed for pla. Dots being printed indicates not enuf plastic either under extrusion caused by settings or partially clogged nozzle or heat break especially if it has a chinese clone hot end. One thing to shop for is a good extruder/hotend like a genuine E3D and also try a different brand and color filament. Print junk for a month to allow the printer to break in experimenting with settings like extruder multiplier also check filament diameter a few times and make sure the extruder is calibrated

Comment

It looks like your under-extruding. Have you calibrated your extruder? I have been printing PLA for 2 years, I use a glass surface and always use glue to help hold things down. With a larger print, it's not necessary, but is good insurance. With a print as small as the top pic, I'd use glue for sure.
      What is your nozzle height?

Comment

It looks like under extrusion, and ignore the comment about bits an e3d, I own a clone and have put reels through it without issue

Skirt and brim are just defined by one touching the part and the other not

As for breaking in your printer, I'm sorry what !! Print some calibration things to set up your printer and then off you go

My cheap Chinese printer prints flawlessly all the time the only thing that makes it cheap is the price I didn't spend 2000 on the latest branded thing

Comment

Working...
        X