Need help with Prusa i3 MK2 prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Prusa i3 MK2 prints

I am not new to 3d printing, I have had 2 Robo R1 +'s. I currently still have 1 R1+ and love how the prints come out, especially the bottoms ( nice and smooth). Maybe I am spoiled by the glass beds, but I ordered an original Prusa i3 MK2 (pre built by Prusa in hopes it would be better calibrated). That's just not the case. I have printed many test prints, of my own design ( that I know work in the R1) and from the SD card sent with the Prusha. I can not for the life of me get good prints, smooth bottoms or otherwise from the Prusha. I have used different filament, different live z settings, different fan settings, calibrated multiple times, changed the temp. both of the nozzle and the bed, used glue, hairspray, nothing at all. And still nothing, I should mention that my projects all use PLA. I have tried the Slic3r, Prusha Edition Slic3r, matterhackers, and now using Cura. So far Cura has worked the best. I have tried repairing the files with nettfab, nothing. I am using Cura 2.4.0, hatchbox filament. I can try to post a picture of a couple recent prints:

are you using that auto calibrate try putting a glass bed and depending on the proximity switch it should detect the metal bed thru the glass cause it looks like Batman is curled at wing tips I am not a fan of auto level and sometimes new printers need time to break in even try some PETG filament

Comment

Hi. Don't use a glue or any other sticking methods. Just clean the bed with isopropyl alcohol for PLA print. And for petg use window cleaner. I have 2 MK2 and it is perfect first layer. If you change filament. Sometimes you need to re z height. Also chk the PLA. If got wet. Oven it 50-60 c for few minutes . again don't use glue. Contact me for more help.

Comment

That is all I use to clean it is the isopropyl alcohol, this is my 3rd printer but 1st with the PEI bed and 1st prusa. The others are Robo R1++ with a nice smooth glass bed.

Comment

This is a 20x20x20 cube I printed the other day. I had no problems with sticking, and it came out 20mm on all sides, but printed wonky. Can anyone tell me what I may need to adjust in Cura? I am using the 2.4.0 version. Here are some pics of my settings in cura and the cube.

Comment

Try to use sli3er prusa edition. It will help that

Comment

From the pictures of the cube, it appears to be over extrusion and/or too hot. Specifically I was looking at the Y and X faces.

Also have you contacted Prusa Support? Since you bought it assembled you get the full support package, not just the forums.

Comment

My Prusa was kit built but when assembled printed everything off the supplied SD card perfectly.
                Have you used the test file that prints lines on the bed so you can use "Live Z Adjust" to get nice slightly flattened lines for the first layer.
                I would think even assembled units will need this calibration performing.
                Min runs with a Z adjust around -0.4 so without this my first later would never stick properly. But the bottom of prints are perfectly smooth and stick almost too well without anything on the bed.

As mentioned above for PLA do not use anything on the bed, just heat between 50 & 60 degrees.

Also for slicing use the Prusa edition of Slic3r or use the settings supplied for Cura and Simplify 3D. They have settings that just work with very little tweaking.

Steve
                Last edited by SteveT; 07-16-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I agree with steve 100% .. all slicers work perfect with MK2.
                  Something you need chk. The filament quality !!! Maybr got mostur!

Comment

Working...
                  X