Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driven to my limits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Driven to my limits

    I have no idea what's going on with my printer. Prints perfectly when I have a raft. When I want to print using a brim, or without any adhesion, the filament wants to lift away from the tape just as it leaves the hot end. Works reasonably well when I have 1st layer thickness set at 0.0mm and I print one item at a time. When I want to print a batch, the the filament doesn't adhere.
    I use 3M #2090 blue painters tape, 91% rubbing alcohol, 1.75mm 3D ROBO white PLA filament, Printrbot Simple Metal. Was behaving very well for months. Only things that had changed is the rubbing alcohol, new bottle, and I don't think that factors in because the printer/filament/tape/whatever started acting up before the last bottle was emptied.
    I tried slowing down the print speed, no difference.
    I am now thinking about resorting to experimenting with traction tape.
    I am at whit's end.

  • #2
    Update: Traction Tape was not successful. Sold only by the foot, and prints stick too well, making them one shot only. Got some paper tape, has a rough texture, will try that soon.

    Comment


    • #3
      Update#2: Acetone didnít work. Itís either I got a bad roll of tape, or my spool of PLA is bad. I got no draft in the room, I warm it up before printing, I clean the hot end of blobs while it is hot, offsetting the z axis and no difference. I REALLY donít want to use rafts for all of my prints from now on, time and material used but itís looking like I have no choice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Update#3: No rhyme or reason. Printing with a raft, using all the same settings as before, and it prints PERFECTLY. I. Give. Up. Guess all prints will have rafts on them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Check your raft settings. Especially the first layer hight setting. If not check when your fan turns on. Could be extruder temp is hotter than it needs to be and you have your fan kicking on durring raft and not for the print itself.

          Comment


          • #6
            It was something in the G-Code. After upgrading the printer, adding the heated bed and new y-axis, nothing changed. So, I researched and I found that a G-Code command, for whatever reason, was messing it up. Didn't before. Fixed now, just doesn't pick up 15mm and then descend before printing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well then, it behaved for one afternoon... Seems that slowing it down has helped though. Will make more adjustments as needed. Unfortunate thing about Cura, is that I can't see the speed and height settings for the raft. If I can get my printer to print like that all the time, I'll be happy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry, lost my temper, didn't mean to blow my top, for some odd reason, the printer is acting like it still has a 150mm printbed when it now has a 250mm printbed. Need help
                Last edited by gelgoog328; 01-03-2017, 02:16 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Fixed. Had to make the printer recognize it was bigger now. I sure feel dumb.

                  Comment

                  Sponsors

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X