Hardware for Cheap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware for Cheap.

I'll admit that I'm not the most green individual, but I do love to scrounge and reuse for cheap. One of my favorite shows growing up was Junkyard Wars.

I just bought a skateboard from my local Goodwill Outlet store for $2.11. I took photos to showcase the steps.

I took the board apart with a Phillips drill bit, a 1/2 in socket, and a 8 mm wrench.

After taking the wheels off I unscrewed the bolts from the trucks and was able to use the bolts to pull the bearings out.

After some clean up I measured the hardware to see what all I hauled in. Looks like I got 8 608ZZ bearings and 8 bolts with locking nuts. It looks like I can use these bolts for files that utilize M5 bolts without a lot of editing, or with a little editing I might be able to use them instead of M4 bolts.

Here are the pictures. Hope y'all find this useful. Share your scavenger deals too.
    Attached Files

Never would have thought of doing that! Great idea!!

Comment

Thanks! I mean, how many times do you need bearings and/or hardware, right?

Comment

My wife runs scrap metal drives every year to raise money for the school sports. Last fall I scrounged a couple of electric motors, chains and sprockets off some old scooters for my potential R2D2 build. Now I'm going to have to start paying more attention. There's plenty of good parts still attached to most things that people scrap. A little bonus for volunteering my time.

Comment

Working...
        X