Sticks too well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks too well

I have a new Qidi X-One printer that is very good. I am completely new to 3D printing. Started using PETG on it at 75 degrees C Bed and 245 degrees Nozzle. The prints are quite good but I have a problem prying them off the bed even to the point of having to use a wood chisel to get some of the support structure for overhanging features off the bed. Will just lowering the temperature of the Bed help or will that cause other problems?

Originally posted by mrehmus View Post
    I have a new Qidi X-One printer that is very good. I am completely new to 3D printing. Started using PETG on it at 75 degrees C Bed and 245 degrees Nozzle. The prints are quite good but I have a problem prying them off the bed even to the point of having to use a wood chisel to get some of the support structure for overhanging features off the bed. Will just lowering the temperature of the Bed help or will that cause other problems?
    What surface are you printing on? any tape involved?

Comment

Lowering the bed temperature may help. Obviously every printer is different but it sounds that your prints stick so well that you could probably not even heat the bed at all. Its best to experiment.

Regards,
      www.3dexfilament.co.uk
      Will @ 3DEX Ltd / www.3dexfilament.co.uk

Comment

Kapton tape and Heated bed and you will never have sticking problems again

Comment

If you're printing on a glass plate I would recommend using glue but not the normal one, use the one called Magigoo, it's made specifically for 3D printing. I'm sure it will give you awesome results.

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
          Working...
          X