Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extruders Not Heating on Da Vinci 2.0 Duo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extruders Not Heating on Da Vinci 2.0 Duo!

Anyone with ideas please, please speak up. It's not the connectors on top; those are gone and the wires are directly connected. If I hold a hair dryer to the extruder, the temp does go up. As long as I have the dryer blowing on it I never get the heater decoupled error. As soon as I stop the dryer the temp drops and the decoupled error hits. It's like the motherboard isn't sending the command to fire up the extruders. I've checked and the onboard fuses do not appear to be blown.

Help? Thanks.

You had some trouble with melted/broken wires recently, right? Is it possibly you got your connections mixed up while rewiring?

Comment

Different printer.

Comment

Ok. Successfully using a hair dryer on the extruder to make the printer think it is heating up means your thermistors should be functioning properly. Did you check to see if you have any voltage at all being sent to the heating element?

Comment

I think I did. I need to check again. I'm a real noob with the multimeter. The fact that it was working (somewhat) before, makes me think something like a fuse blew on the board. I can try bridging that and see if it helps.

Comment

So there is no voltage coming through the extruder 1 plug while running the load cycle. Extruder 2 started working again when I bridged r271. I'm wondering if there is second fuse/resistor I need to bridge for extruder 1? I can't seem to find anyone who knows.

Comment

This might be what you are looking for. There are some comments that give additional Duo specific info as well.

http://voltivo.com/forum/davinci-pee...der-heater-fix

Comment

That did help. Thanks! I had read that one before, but didn't notice the person mentioning R272 was the fuse for the second extruder. I bridged it and got really excited when I saw it actually heating up. The problem is it wouldn't stop. It kept climbing until it got a decoupling error.

Comment

If it won't stop, there is probably another device that caused the issue in the first place. In the link above, it was his heater cartridge that didn't have enough resistance which damaged his R272 resistor.

Comment

I'm going to replace the thermistor in that extruder. When I used the hair dryer I couldn't get it over 200c (dryer limitation). The thermistor might be failing to register higher temps and report them, so it just keeps going until the firmware says stop and decouples.

Sound logical?

Comment

Sounds good to me. Personally, I would order several thermistors and replace the one on the other extruder as well if you find this is the fix. Could prevent another similar problem since you said they both stopped working at some point.

Comment

doesn't appear to be the thermistor. i don't know where else to look. it heats, it just won't stop heating. it climbs until it decouples.

Comment

How about the heater cartridge itself? Did you check the resistance on that? Check both, the one that is working and the one that isn't. Are they similar? Other than that, I really don't have any other ideas on this one.

Comment

It's the motherboard. I wish I could find a good deal on a used one from somebody. I'd try the Arduino Ramps convert if I had some iron clad steps.

Comment

I saw your other post looking for a used motherboard... that really sucks. Even without solid steps, the conversion is probably your best bet to a working printer.

Comment

If I can find solid docs on doing the conversion I'd probably try. I'm not a pro so I need specific steps.

Comment

Hey I had a thermal meltdown the extruder board died and the extruder melted had to relaxed extruder

Comment

I had the same issue on a 2.0a. I was seeing no voltage to the heater #1. I decided to short out r272 and had the same issue. Heater cartridge now heats up without a command and keeps heating

Comment

Hello, I do not understand what you are saying. So, you have the xyz pro with 2 extruders and one is not heating up, is that right? So you decided to go and short out resistor # 272 and now both are heating up, is that correct?So the r272 was acting as a blocking resistor and now that it is out of the circuit, both are working. Correct? That doesn't make sense.

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X