Makerbot Ribbon cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makerbot Ribbon cable

My son accidently broke the ribbon cable that goes from extruder to the main board.... Makerbot support doesn't sell that ribbon cable... Anyone know where I can get this cable?

For my makerbot Replicator 5th gen

There may be replacements sold, but my source of ribbon cable has always been from old printers sold at Goodwill. You should be able to find one for cheap and there are always other parts to scavenge. Depending on how wide and long it is, the ribbon that books up to the scanner portion of an old printer should be more than enough. Hope this helps.

Comment

I measured it. 101 mm long, 23mm width, 41 pins and pitch is .50mm ... Hard to find.

Comment

You can source the parts from Digi-Key and L-Com if you are confident to make the cable yourself.

Comment

It's not on our website, but we may be able to source that OEM part from MakerBot for you. Send an email to support@fargo3dprinting.com and we'll see what we can do!

Comment

I was able to have a seller on alibaba make me that ribbon cable I need.

Comment

The part number for the cable is MP05613. I was able to find it on ebay- https://www.ebay.com/itm/323091443342

Comment

Working...
              X