Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makerbot Replicator 2 OVERHEATING

Hi everyone,
    I have a makerbot replicator 2 with about 200 printing hours and recently it has started overheating. And when I say overheating, I mean the whole machine is hot to the touch, and the step motor for the extruder is to hot to touch. I have already tried lowering the printing temps, and the problem is not an environment issue. I suspect the thermocoupler wire. Any ideas?
    -Thebert

I would definitely replace the thermocoupler wire and unit itself. From what I know, if the thermocoupler/thermistor is damaged it won't read temp correctly and may over heat...at least that is the first thing I would try. If that does not work then might be something wrong within the circuitry of control board....from a newbie

Comment

The thermistor is not working... If thermistor damaged or wire short circuit or wire cut... Then firmware will not let you start your heaters at all. The thermistor after so many hours of working is not corresponds well.

Else check with your firmware if for some reason the #define command of the thermistor has changed in a different numer.. Saying to the firmware you are using a different thermistor than the one you have.

Same will need to do when change the thermistor with new one.. Have to update your firmware with the correct thermistor...

In Configuration.h of the repetier.ino file will find a table of comments with the thermistor index...

Good luck

Comment

Sponsors

Collapse
      Working...
      X

Fatal error: Uncaught Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM cacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_79_lvl3data','node_79_lvl1data','node_1170_lvl1data','node_16_lvl3data','vBAtchmnts_1170','node_1170_lvl3data','vB_UserPerms2126','vBUserRep_2126','vBAtchmnts_79','getSearchResults_2c4b36920c27f7b1a0c1fa4556250131','vBAtchmnts_6635','vBAtchmnts_7029','node_6635_lvl3data','node_7029_lvl3data','node_6635_lvl1data','node_7029_lvl1data','vB_UserPerms2341','vBUserRep_2341','vB_UserPerms2933','vBUserRep_2933','vbPre_conversation193.176.79.1170'); thrown in /home/forum3d/public_html/core/vb/database.php on line 1266