Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP! 3D Printer Issue With Prints

Monoprice Maker Select V2

So this printer has been great! But recently I have had an issue with my prints. It seems no matter how hard I try I cant get that first layer right, also the prints turn out to be very flaky
    And chip away. I have tried bringing the nozzle closer and further away from the build plate. Also seems as if its not extruding much but a fine layer. Completly cleaned the printer out and even put a brand new nozzle on it as the old one was worn out. Any help is aprecciated!
    Also to note this printer has a manual leveling bed but I have spent no telling how long to get it as perfrct as i can. I even tried bed leveling test to make slight adjustments while printing with the flakiness is still an issue.

Slicer - Ultimaker Cura
    PLA
    Hotend temp - 210
    Build Plate temp - 60
    Layer Height - 0.2
    Initial layer height - 0.3
    Wall Thickness - 0.8
    Wall line count - 2
    Top/Bottom thickness- 0.8
    Top thickness - 0.8
    Top layers - 4
    Bottom thickness - 0.8
    Bottom layers - 4
    Infill - 20%
    Infill pattern - Grid
    Print Speed - 50
    Infill speed - 50
    Travel speed - 120
    Initial layer speed - 15
    Minimum layer time - 5s
    Build plate adhesion - (happens with any)
    Attached Files

What is the nozzle diameter did you change sizes and did you also enter filament diameter which you have just checked now and again ?

Comment

Hello, I am new here but based on my experience it appears that your PLA is slipping or under feeding. Did you change brands of filament as they are all not created equally? I recently changed brands and I was ready to throw my printer in the trash because of similar prints to yours. I would go back to my last successful print to see if the issues continue and make sure you don't have any slippage at the extruder. I'm having a separate issue that I will be posting shortly. Hope this helps

Comment

As of now, you got to have a heated bed 3D printing platform made up of glass to ensure a good first layer and better prints. Besides, you can also get Kapton Tape as a print bed surface which ensures quality prints.
        We are #1 place to buy and sell 3d printers. We are offering best 3d printers for sale at best price. Visit our store to compare and buy 3d printers and read Latest Reviews.

Comment

Working...
        X