Buying a printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a printer

Hey i'm looking for a 3d printer for a max of 700 but wouldn't like to spend that much i would like dual extruder and heated bead i would like to print a range of materials.
    i have experience with 3d printers so a kit would be fine.I was looking a the geeteck pursa i3 and the geetec rocostock delta any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the Folger Technolgies FT-5. Though it is not a dual extruder stock, a few guys are making parts for dual extrusion . I'm putting mine together right now and it is really impressive size, capabilities, expansion, and sturdiness wise. Join the Facebook forum before you buy and get a coupon code to save even more off the already low purchase price.

Comment

I am currently building a Geeetech G2s Pro.

I would find it difficult to recommend this kit to anyone.

I am spending a considerable amount over the initial buy price to make it safe and usable.

The connectors used on the GT2560 are a big issue. They are rated for 8A and the heated bed takes 12A. Many users are having problems with these connectors melting and burning.
      You must change these connectors in order to have a safe machine.

I personally have experienced a faulty mains power switch and the need to adjust the lengths of the motion rods. This involves the use of heat and mechanical force.

Definately not a kit for a beginner or anyone who is unaware of the potential safety risks involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiskauto View Post
        Take a look at the Folger Technolgies FT-5. Though it is not a dual extruder stock, a few guys are making parts for dual extrusion . I'm putting mine together right now and it is really impressive size, capabilities, expansion, and sturdiness wise. Join the Facebook forum before you buy and get a coupon code to save even more off the already low purchase price.
        This looks like a great printer and I am close to buying it
        one thing though - I cant seem to get the instruction link to work - cutting and pasting the url is a nogo - any help would be appreciated
        thanks
        dog

Comment

See if it works from here. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...GhPQXRLTW9mams

Comment

After much research, I built my own using Openbuilds parts. Take a look at their site.

Comment

I highly recommend the Printrbot Simple Metal with heated bed even though it isn't a dual extruder setup. I have had mine for about 9 months now and have had excellent results. Very reliable.

Here is my post about it: https://www.3dprintingforum.org/showthread.php?t=3204
              Last edited by AndrewBougie; 06-22-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I ended up with getting the folger tech ft5

Comment

Working...
                X