Troubleshoot print problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshoot print problem

I've was printing a part, and suddenly it started printing lines that weren't laminating to the print. I've done several prints with no problems. I've checked the printer to see if something came loose. Everything looks fine and there is no play in the bed or X or Z axis. What would cause a print failure like this? I've looked at the troubleshooting pages on various websites and none of them address this specific kind of print failure. Could the nozzle cooling fan be setting the filament before it can adhere to the lower layer? If so I wonder why this problem would suddenly crop up? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	23300 The print was well adhered to the print bed, so it didn't shift or anything. I printed that razor 45 degree cutter right before this print. Please excuse my inexperience.

It looks like you stopped it right away, good job.

Are there layers missing in the sliced STL file causing basically a missed layer? or is there supposed to be an open space but no support was generated?

Barring either of the above file/setting errors the only thing I can think of is for some reason the change in Z axis height was excessive for this layer. Could there have been a mechanical failure that caused this? Since it looks like you stopped it right away, you were there. Did you notice or hear anything not quite right? The belt skipping, sorry I can't think of anything else that may cause this.

Comment

In addition to wellsmic's suggestions, did you see any kind of temp change on your nozzle during the print? Is this the first time this has happened? Have you tried a different part?

Comment

I found that when I had my Temps too high I had this problem. I went down 10 degrees C and no more problems.

Comment

Working...
        X