E3d v6 Print troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3d v6 Print troubleshoot

So i got an e3d v6 installed on my Robo3d r1 plus and am trying to print with it and as i started printing i thought everthing was working and when i checked my print it looked like this, how do i fix this issue? thanksClick image for larger version

Name:	20160508_140811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	23279

Inconsistent extrusion. This can be caused by near jams in all-metal hotends.

You are running the heatsink cooling fan at full speed all the time? Too high an extrusion temperature with insufficient filament through the extruder can lead to this.

A few more details on material, temperature, printing speed and cooling measures used will assist us in diagnosing further.

Comment

Another possibility is that your part cooling fan, if you are using one, is cooling your hotend sufficiently to prevent extrusion.

A solution for this is to wrap the hotend heater block in self-fusing silicone tape (search eBay for Everbuild Silweld - although it is a generic product). Two turns of this material will insulate the hotend from the effects of the cooling fan.

Comment

I recently went through this same thing. I toiled for a few days thinking it was the new extruder I built to be able to use the e3d. Then I decided just for giggles to switch out the all metal heatbrake for the PTFE lined one... it's been a thing of beauty ever since.

I use almost only PETG but I tried PLA and had basically the same issue.

Try a heatbrake with a liner in it.

Comment

I recently upgraded my Printrbot hotend with the 1.75mm direct version and it works great. Could you provide info about the exact kit or pre-built e3d v6 model you purchased? Also, as neildarlow asked, info on print temps, material, print speed, etc would be helpful for troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
          X