3 in 1 extruder I drew up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 in 1 extruder I drew up

Let me know what you guys think about my design for a 3 extruders in 1 block ...

Thanks

Steve

First of all belated welcome to the forums! Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner, you should introduce yourself in the introduction thread and tell is a little about yourself.

In response to your design, I think I see what's going on. It definitely sounds like a good idea but I think I might be missing some of the details. I'd imagine that this is a Bowden design?

What did you design it in? I wouldn't mind helping you out to make it more visual and fleshed out in OnShape if you where willing to sit down with me (virtually).

Comment

I used AutoCAD 2015 to design and yes it would be bowden setup.

Comment

Ok, so is this a design for the extruders themselves or the hot end mount? Both I'd be interested in considering this looks like a space saving upgrade.

Comment

It's basically a block with three holes for three nozzle throats. Then a heater block and a nozzle at the bottom

Comment

Do you have any designs with equipment hooked up? Dimensions/part numbers for fit?

Comment

I gotta dig around

Comment

I look forward to more info.

Comment

Here's a render of the block using MK8 Nozzle Throat and MK8 Nozzle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436499500513.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	21308Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436499508825.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	21309Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436499517119.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	21310Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436499527091.jpg
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	21311

Comment

Very nice! There won't be any conflict with the wires going to the heating block in the middle will there?

Comment

Not sure yet but I was thinking to offset the middle extruder about 1 mm forward to assist in That issue.

Comment

Sounds like a plan. So how is this supposed to attach to a carriage?

Comment

I have a makerfarm prusa. And the holes on the back line up with the back of the carriage. I would have to remove the lower piece for the three extruders to function.

I was thinking I might as well design a carriage as well for the most common types of printers out there.

Comment

Arktest if you want to get together and draw things up or shoot ideas around. I'm down for that.

Comment

I would love to. Would you be interested in trying OnShape to collaborate with?

Comment

I signed up for it the other day. I haven't messed around with it. But sure, I'll try it.

Comment

Great. It took me some time to get the hang of everything, but I'm sure I can get you up to speed much faster.

Comment

I'm on there now. My username is dasaint80

Comment

I'll get on here in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                      X