beware gearbest scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beware gearbest scam

Don't know if any of you have bought anything from gearbest before, but they had a great deal on a printer I bought. Turns out that it is a scam site, 2 weeks and my order still hasn't shipped they are trying to scam me for another $10 to actually ship my order. https://support.gearbest.com/ticket/...t=T17022401419

damn... I'd had issues with them in the past, and I've heard of others having problems, but that just takes the biscuit. I've read the whole support ticket 3 times, and I cant see where they are getting the extra $10 from... Actually, I can, they have decided that you are having updated delivery. Keep the order open, and go to paypal and get them to take it further. Thats just pathetic. I understand stock being on back order, but to then try and charge you extra like that too...

Comment

Yeah I've had a problem with them also. Thank GOD I payed with Paypal. Paypal refunded my money no problem.

Comment

I have used them many times and have had no problems at all. I have ordered things from mobile phones to kids toys.

Comment

Yeah, this happens to a lot of people who choose accelerated shipping and some people who even choose normal shipping. It is only with gear best. There is a support group on face book for the anet a8 and they have made contact with the site demanding that many things be changed. Gear best contacted the support group in the fist place personally asking what they could do better on their end to mend relationships with their customers. Its a fairly new post, maby a day old. Just look up anet a8 support group on Facebook and check the admin posts.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with them currently. Says free shipping to US and it never showed or even said shipped. I started a ticket asking where it is and they sent me a message saying it is stuck in customs and they will need to send via DHL. Their original message said it would be 8.7 additional whatever that means. A few hours later though they went in and changed their message. There is no longer a price just you will have to pay more and may have to pay customs.

Comment

I also just tried purchasing a Anet A8 3D printer and now they want to charge me another $28 to deliver it via DHL. I asked them to cancel the order let's see if they do it.

Comment

I bought a Xian Yi gopro clone off them about a year back, never had a problem. Came in good time, was a great price, and camera works as expected.

I would complain about the amount of emails I get from them. Specifically after unsubscribing to them.

Comment

I've gotten a number of things from Gearbest and haven't had a problem yet. I bought an (i think) i3 clone from them last summer and discussed it in this thread:

https://www.3dprintingforum.org/foru...eap-3d-printer

I'm actually getting ready to put in another order of stuff for summer activities, here's hoping all goes well.

Comment

This forum post just popped to me. Thank you for the post, I've been to GearBest here recently. Also be aware that their is a difference in prices from GearBest store via the app and the actual website. I downloaded the app for easier product searches and to my surprise there was like a %200-%500 increase in their prices on the app. Very sketchy if you ask me.

On another note, I've recently ordered two printers, both had funky ish shipping. I ordered a Kossel Mini +4kg of filament from makergeeks website, and they shipped a package, which, when I received was just the filament. So I checked the fedex information, product was 11lbs, and their website confirmed it was received. No printer. I got into contact with their support, and I'm currently waiting for it to arrive ( five days from Monday, so either tomorrow or Saturday). It was just weird and im.wondering if anyone else had this problem.. Also, I ordered a Startt ($100 printer) from Imakr, and I do believe they were just backed up, and I'm suppose to receive that printer today. I'll give you a heads up on that as well.

Comment

I orderd å a8 on gearbest last week and i got ut today and havent had any problems

Comment

really i heard gearbest is ok i bought a fidget cube there

Comment

Working...
                        X