Rounded overhangs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounded overhangs.

Hi everyone, new to the forums here, and I have a problem that i'm hoping someone might be able to help with.

I'm trying to print the popular Baby Groot model found here.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2014307/#made

when I try and print the head the rounded overhang of his chin prints are horrible.

(black is with supports - Grey without)

I've tried all sorts of things, changing the infill, adding supports, adding denser supports etc, all with the same results. Any time I print say a sphere, the bottom half prints like garbage and the top prints mint.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm printing on a Dreammaker Overlord Pro with hatchbox PLA

Thanks everyone hope someone knows what my issue is.

Hiya,

how many perimeter shells are you using?

i use around 3 to 4 but I check the sliced model to see how the over hang layers are.

A slower speed helps and some fan action too. If you're using simplify3D you can set the fan speed against specific layers so you can up the speed for the over hang layers

hope this helps

becky

Comment

Underside printing is difficult cause your printing in the air things like bridges arms noses etc you can try printing with supports but thats another mess. When designing something try to print the largest area on the bottom and work up like a period and if you are fortunate to have a dual extruder supports are easier using HIPs filament as a support that can be dissolved away

Comment

I just recently tried the print again, with 3pass wall. even at .1 layer height, and nothing better came out.

I've watched timelapses of other people making this print with no issues, no special printers. I know the model is not intended for supports, and I thought I might cut the head in half and print the bottom of the head upside down but then i'd have a huge parting line mid face, and with this amount of detail, hiding that is going to be very difficult. I think its time to just toss this printer out the window. Such a peice of shit.

Comment

Working...
        X