Best 3d printer under 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 3d printer under 800

What's the best 3d printer under 800. Things I am looking for are, heated base, large build volume. I have found a few, robo r1 plus, xyz da Vince 1.0 pro and the wanhoa duplicator i3 plus. I heard the robo has less than decent print quality, is this true? The da Vince 1.0 pro looks to be my best bet but how's it's print quality and it takes cartridges? can I just hook up a spool and use that? Haven't heard much about the duplicate i3 plus, anyone have these printers or any other suggestions, I like the huge build vume of the robo, but is there any way to improve the print quality? A knew extruder?. Let me know what you guys think and tell me some others that you know of that have a LARGE build volume? I have also heard of the HICTOP Prusa i3 which I assume is a clone of the Prusa
    Thanks.

There are so many printers to choose from that it will require a lot of research for you. Lots of people have great experiences with pretty much all the printers available and, likewise, people also have bad experiences with pretty much all available printers.

However, out of the three you name (which are all solid choices by the way) I have heard many positive comments about the Wanhoa i3.

The latest Prusa i3 might also be worth a look although its less than your budget of 800. http://prusaprinters.org/prusa-i3/

Regards,
    www.3dexfilament.co.uk

Comment

Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of these printers? Looked at the new prusa i3 but it's sold out until after Christmas for the kit and past 2016 for the pre assembled

Comment

With the DaVinci 1.0 pro can you use exotic filliments?

Comment

I have 2 xyz 1.0 printers and they both have a 8x8x8 build platform WITH glass heated bed.. I heard that the pro can take any filament unlike what i have. The quality is really good as I use them for my business in mfg a night security lock.
          Good Luck

Comment

Anyone here have a robo r 1 plus? I like the big build platform, how's the print quality, can I improve it later on with a new hot end

Comment

I have a Pruisa i3 from MakerFarm. I can't say enough good things about MakerFarm. Unmatched customer support, and that's kinda what you want when dipping a toe in these waters.

Comment

What about the Original Prusa i3 Mk2? The kit is under $800 and if you want it assembled it is only $899...

Comment

See post 3 above for his reason why not but I still think he should do it. It would be worth the wait.

Comment

Another vote for the Prusa i3 Mk2 we just got our a few weeks ago and it has been a great addition for testing materials

Comment

Guess the Prusa i3 mk2 is the way to go

Comment

Thanks for all the responses

Comment

I think XYZprinting Nobel 1.0 is suitable for you according to your budget. I am already using it. It gives very good performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mraw View Post
                            Guess the Prusa i3 mk2 is the way to go
                            Great choice, I have both the Prusa I3 Mk2 and the DaVanci Pro and there is no comparison. The kit is not to difficult, just take your time and plan on doing it over a couple of days. Join the Original Josef Prusa i3 & MK2 Owners FB page for some great help, tips and ideas.

Comment

if you watch the video on the new prusa mk2 you will want one gets my vote so our votes are in agree with the others

Comment

Just a decade ago, a 3D printer cost more than $100,000. Today you can easily find a good cheap 3D printer for under 800. The printers are
                                Printrbot Simple, QIDI TECH I, Robo 3D R1, UP mini 2, M3D Micro etc. , but they have with limited features. Among these Robo 3D R1 is good.

Comment

Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of these printers? Looked at the new prusa i3 but it's sold out until after Christmas for the kit and past 2016 for the pre assembled
                                  Resin 3D Printers (DLP / SLA 3D Printers): The world of today is a world of innovation and creativity. Today, mankind’s restless mind is achieving the impossible and has been able to imitate nature and other life-bearing elements present in the environment around us. Likewise, 3D printing is capturing a lot of attention and is

Comment

Working...
                                  X