Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X axis Problems

Hello,

I've been 3d printing for a while now, but I've stopped for a little bit because my pc had some issues and it had to go get them fixed.
    Yesterday I was going to print some stuff and the printer started making a lot of grinding noises mid-print. I got super scared and turned it off.
    I disassembled the 0mm switch to be able to reach the belt and I tightened it up. Didn't work.
    I turned the printer on again and using commands i tried to move the x axis and got this result: (Keep in mind I was trying to make it go to the left the whole time...)
    https://youtu.be/TmAiL6Kt4vI
    What could this be and how can I fix it?

This might sound like a stupid question, but have you tried homing before trying to move the axis?

I used to get similar weird behaviour on an older version of marlin firmware. Maybe something to do with software, if the printer has just been powered on and is limiting movement because it doesn't know its position.

Comment

No, here comes the stupid question: what's homing?
      I don't even know what that is ahahah...

Comment

Homing is where the printer hits all its end stops so it knows its position on the build plate. Just a thought it may not work, but a year ago when I was working on a printer that's what was causing my strange movement. Your printer should have an auto home option in the prepare menu I believe. Worth a shot

Comment

OMG I cannot believe I'm this dumb... after tightening the belt I didn't turn on the 0mm switch again. Now that I did it seems to be working well...
          I'll try to run the print again to see if it is solved...

Comment

Thanks A LOT

Comment

Great! Hope it works.

Comment

Working...
              X