Home set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home set up

I have been 3d printing for a few years now. I have a Davinci Pro 1.0 and an Anycubic Kossel linear plus, both are modified from stock. I like the E3D V6 hot ends.
    I have been kind of toying with the idea of a third printer, but these first two have just totally taken over my home office. I have prints and parts mixed in with bills and receipts, it's getting ridiculous. I have been thinking about moving them to my garage, clearing out a spot and setting up a little 3d workstation. A mini farm. I have been weighing the pros and cons.
    What about all you guys? Where do you have your 3d printers set up? Especially if you have more than one, then you must have a dedicated spot, I want to hear from you.

pros and cons of moving to the garage

pro: I can print anytime I want. Right now my printers are in my home office which is just a converted bedroom, right next to our master bedroom where my wife is sleeping so I don't want to wake her up with a humming printer. So I can't print all night long or early morning when I am at my best.

con: the garage is not as climate controlled as the house. I live in So Cal so the temperatures are not that extreme anyway. And I have a portable heater and a portable a/c unit.

pro: the garage has a double wide roll up door - good for ventilation

con: the garage has a double wide roll up door - bad for security

Comment

Do you have a blank wall where you could set up a 24 inch shelf for your printers. I have 5 and thats what I did.

Comment

no, that's why I am thinking about the garage.

Comment

If you do set up in your climate be careful of humidity. Running a dehumidifier and a/c or heater when needed is the way to go. I live in Louisiana and we have major humidity issues.

Comment

intresting...

Comment

I have decided to leave well enough alone.
              I am staying in my office, but I will be better organized.

Comment

Working...
              X