PRinter maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRinter maintenance

so we been printing a lot of premade items to get a feel for our printer . On the way home from picking up my wife we got talking about maintenance on the printer, i came home looked at the manuals and there nothing on care and maintenance of the printer for the belts the screw in back ( raises and lower platform). or any other suggestions to help extend the life and care of your printer. So I figure I ask on here for some suggestions and such. ( currently printing a piece that going into 5 hours and only 68% done... Is there any type of oiling parts and such for extendingthe life of my parts. since the manuals dont have any thing I seen.

Well in order for any of use to help you we need to know what printer you have like make model and if possible the firmware ,software and slicer you are using.

Comment

duh I guess it does help
      QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3DP-QDA16-01 Dual Extruder Desktop 3D Printer QIDI TECH I,

as for firmware I believe it the 2.8
      and I am using the stock slicer ( Makerware and the qidi tech software. ) not really sure if I need the second one running but it seems to help make the slicer work smoother.

Lol my last name is Rogers lol I seen you respond to some my other post. thank you
      other info that may be helpful is. we use only PLA I set the extruder to 200c and the bed to 45-50c
      befoer each print I wipe my bead ( glue area down with some acetone nail polish remover and it softens the glue ( so I don't use as much and helps prevent build up on the blue tape piece)

Comment

Ok I see the printer looks good and if you watch one of the videos you will see a can of 3 in 1 oil also know as sewing machine oil. I see a lot of rods in the machine and some belts. I usually put a 2 inch line of that oil on the rods and manually run the bearings back and forth along each axis from one end to the other (move x and y by hand) that gets some oil inside the bearings and along the rods. I do the same for the Z axis and lead screws but use the machine to drive it up and down. I use a brass wire toothbrush to clean excess filament build up off my nozzle and area around it. Not sure if this machine uses IGUS bearings the ideal way with steel bearings is to remove them and put grease inside but thats a pain to do and I find oil works. If the rods look dry just use a little oil. I use a glass bed and glue stick which I occasionally scrape off but yours is different. It looks like manual bed leveling which you should check often especially before an important print or if the first layer isn't sticking. Another thing is to make sure the belts are tight and not sagging like the demo video I seen. It appears you could add a glass bed instead of tape Tape tends to lift up from hot filament and parts curl. You will get bits of filament in the bottom you can vac out. Any other help you can message me if you like I am also on facebook 3D printer support. You may want to try a roll of PETG filament . I would avoid the metal filled type and flexible.

Comment

Actually, we all know that printer is very great for all people, so for that I have some different thought which will be very good. And I think if you interested with printer then you will maintain it properly. If you faced any kind of problem then just change the drivers of the printer and I suggest you always use epson printer. I have more if you want to get then just browse epson scanner driver

Comment

If you’re just looking to quickly get your printer back on line again to finish a print Epson l355 wifi setup
            job then there is a quick fix that will do the trick, But a word of warning.

Comment

Working...
            X