Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with Flexion Extruder on Monoprice Maker Select V2.1(Wanhao i3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Flexion Extruder on Monoprice Maker Select V2.1(Wanhao i3)

I have been out of 3D designing and printing for the last year and just got back into it again. I had upgraded my Monoprice Maker Select V2.1 last year with a Flexion extruder just before stopping printing. Now that I have started up again I am experiencing "clicking" or bumping issues with the Flexion that results in underextrusions or just outright extrusion failure (see photo). The print in the photo is missing the upper layers. There should be spheres at the ends of those prints and GoPro connectors on the other ends.

I completely dissembled the extruder and reinstalled according to the directions and made sure the set screw on the adjustment knob was set correctly. There was minor improvement with less "clicking" but it still continues. I am using decent brand name filaments and have stored them in humidity controlled containers if they are not brand new rolls that I just opened. This is driving me crazy and I want to just print decent prints. If I have to I will reinstall the stock extruder with my MicroSwiss nozzle. It was doing a good job but I wanted to be able to print high temperature and flexible filament and that's why I switched to the Flexion extruder.
    Serious Under Extrusion

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
Working...
X