Anet a6 not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anet a6 not turning on

I decided to build an enclosure for my Anet a6 to improve the quality of my prints and it has been working fine for a day or two, but now when I plug in the printer nothing happens and the power supply makes a buzzing sound.
    If anyone has any idea what has happened or how to fix it I would really appreciate it if you could tell me
    (not an a8 but they are similar enough)
    Last edited by rewsenj; 04-07-2018, 03:25 PM.

Is it possible that your enclosure has overheated the electronics?

Comment

On most enclosed machines, the power supply lives OUTSIDE of the enclosure, as does all the support electronics/motherboard etc. You have probably fried the power supply &/or motherboard.

Understand that the Anet electricals are at the absolute butt-bottom end of capability for what is expected of them... they will work fine, but need every bit of help & cooling available to them, & shoving the whole lot in a box won't have helped much.

Additionally, the ANET power supplies are definitely a weak point on these otherwise excellently priced little machines.
      I know of many people who have modded these Anets' & ended up with a superb machine, as there are LOADS of down load upgrades for them on "Thingiverse" .com.

Comment

Yes you need to start your troubleshooting at the power supply, it could be a fuse , transister or even a diode. depending on your degree of electronics. may be take the power supply to some one and have it checked out.

Comment

If your comfortable with electronics I would start testing voltages, start at the power supply then test it different points of the main board. I don't have an A8 so maybe have a search for reference. And like 4runner said check fuses haven't blown. You may even be able to see the problem just visually on the main board its self. Ohh also if there is a short somewhere the power may have turned its self off, so might be worth test the voltage on the psu with the main board unplugged.

All that being said though, if you are not comfortable with electronics I wouldn't go poking around, especially the power supply since its mains voltage going in.

Comment

I suppose the enclosure stopped the air circulation, causing the electronics to get heated badly and this might have troubled the motherboard etc. Check the transistors, fuse and diodes etc. of the 3D printer and ensure none of them got damaged in the process.
            Buy Desktop 3D Printer now at special price with Free Shipping. Geetech me creator 3D printer is designed for students and beginners to learn 3D printing technology at reasonable budget.

Comment

I just got a new power supply (and better) and everything is working fine now.
              I have since moved the power supply outside of the enclosure.

Comment

Thats great! Glad it was just the power supply. You might need to think about moving the board out of the enclosure also just in case.

Comment

Keep in mind the delicate nature of the anet v1.0 board.. and its low quality mosfet and connector...please please make sure you install a firearm at least in the box... you may have to add 15 amp fuse on the DC 12 out and on your hotbed..

Comment

Working...
                  X