Experimenting with larger nozzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimenting with larger nozzles

Hooked up a .6mm nozzle to My Hictop I3 3dp-12 and printed this large Groot in just an hour and a half!

.6mm. Nozzle
    .35 mm layer height
    80mm extrusion
    214'C nozzle temp
    60'c Bed temp
    60% to 70% FR periodically changed
    SUPPORT ON!

obviously detail suffers but for printer parts this might save me alot of time!

Oh one more note.. 20% infill and 2mm walls in case it matters... I bet if I had done 3mm walls and 5% it might've taken an hour!

Comment

This is why I want a second printer. Have one with a 0.2 or even a 0.1 and the other with 0.5. One can bang out large functional pieces real quick and the other for fine detailed work.

Comment

I tried .20 and I couldn't get everything dialed in just right.. 1st of all the paper test is really half a paper thickness test and second of all it takes alot of stepper power to push that stuff through the tiny hole.. I had 2 clogs in bowden setup trying to get that working when I decided to go the other way.. my next test will be a huge 1mm nozzle.. it should print super fast!

Comment

Yeah, I have a 0.1 and a 0.2 nozzle and extrusion was definitely a problem. The key was to print really slow, which when combined with 0.01 or 0.05 layers and narrow line widths led to excessive print times. I now run a 0.3 as a compromise but really want two separate printers.

Comment

I've had good results in Nylon and PLA with a 0.2mm nozzle on a Mk8 extruder, I had to fit my filament support insert for the Nylon.

- Nick

Comment

Working...
            X