Looking for a Partner for Producing Consumer Product

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Partner for Producing Consumer Product

I am having a very hard time finding a company that will affordable produce a plastic consumer product I'm trying to bring to market. I'd like to see if someone has access or knows how to get this product mass produced (hopefully made to order and drop shipped). It's a very simple product but there is a large niche market that people would be wanting if the price is right. Please let me know if you have any leads! -Trevor

One would need a little more specifics to determine what type of manufacturing process is need such as injection molding, 3d printing, rotocasting, extrusion, etc as these are usually not performed by a single company under one roof. Do you have any idea what type of manufacture is necessary and the what type of post processing or assembly procedures would be necessary? Then of course there are many types of packaging, labeling and shipping involved. It would have to start with design , planning and then implementation along with all of the necessary non disclosure and legal documents necessary.

Comment

Btw. I do have connections with a very large well known injection molding company if that is the type production you need.

Comment

Hi Fiskauto, thanks for responding. In order to grow the relationship with someone, i'd be able to start with one product, one size, one color that I feel would still be able to sell as a consumer product. After the process and relationship is established, I'd want to look into 3 different sizes, colors, etching and customization.

I have an .stl mock up of a single sized version of what I'd like produced. the rendering is designed to be 1 piece. Packaging would be simple in the beginning while starting up with just online sales. If everything takes off, then we could look at retail packaging. Do you think your connections would be interested in having a discussion?

Comment

Again, I'd have to ask, is it an injection moldable item? The contact I have is an injection molding company. They likely would be happy to give you a quote on being able to produce them for you including the cost to make molds and tooling but you have to understand right up front that it will be exensive. Am I to understand you only at this point have it in design form? There are a lot more steps along the way prior to production. I am getting the feeling that is why you are having a hard time finding someone to do this as it seems you are skipping a lot of very important steps especially if you are not heavily flush with cash to do a startup yourself.

Comment

why not try and get on the SHARK TAN and get some kind of funding for a percent of the equity. If you have a good product, that would be the way to go. LOL

Comment

www.illustrativedesigns.com is an affordable design house

Comment

I would be interested in having a phone call to discuss. I prototype using 3d printing and CNC. If you need design work I can do that as well. Let me know what illustrativedesigns quotes and I can probably cut it in half. Developing an injection molding technique that will allow you to get the market test out and making you money rather than putting you in debt.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
                Working...
                X