Peachy Printer (Peachy Printer)
    Print Size: Unlimited*
    Speed: N/A
    Resolution: 200 microns
    Materials: Soft Resin
    Assembled: No
    Price: $100
    Warranty: N/A
    Notes: The Peachy Printer is a Stereolithography (SLA) based printer and is very different to the other printers on this list.
    It uses a laser and liquid resin to create 3 dimensional prints. Besides the kit, you will need to provide 2 containers for the liquid, a pipe, and a computer to control the printer.
    Print size it limited to the size of the containers you use. The manufacturers claims they may be able to print a full size canoe.
    Go to Peachy Printer forum
    Click image for larger version

Name:	qu-bd-one-two-up-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	22129
    OneUp (Quintessential Universal Building Device)
    Print Size: 100x100x125mm
    Speed: 100 mm/s
    Resolution: 50 microns
    Materials: PLA
    Price: $199
    Warranty: 30 Days
    Notes:
    Go to Quintessential Universal Building Device forum

Name:	Makibox-a6-lt-3d-printer.jpg
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	22131
    A6 LT (Makibox)
    Print Size: 150x110x90mm
    Speed: 60 mm/s
    Resolution: 100 microns
    Price: $200
    Guarantee: 30 Days
    Notes:
    Go to the Makibox forum

Name:	dsc_1806.JPG
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	22132
    A6 HT (Makibox)
    Print Size: 150x110x90mm
    Materials: PLA, ABS
    Price: $300
    Notes:
    Go to the Makibox forum

Name:	51W5jgFIq6L._SL500_SS100_.jpg
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	22133
    Printrbot Simple (Printrbot)
    Print Size: 102x102x102 mm
    Price: $349
    Notes:
    Go to the Printrbot forum

Name:	the-micro-3d-printer-11.jpg
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	22128
    Micro3D (M3D)
    Print Size: 116x91x84mm -116x109x113mm
    Resolution: 50 microns
    Materials: PLA, ABS
    Assembled: Yes
    Price: $349
    Warranty: N/A
    Notes:
    Go to the M3D forum

Let me know of any other printers below $350 that should be on this list. Also, let me know if you see any errors or have any suggestions.

Comment

I just heard about one on kickstarted that is being developed right now, they are planning to sell it for only $250. It is not available yet though.

Comment

I think you mean Micro 3D printer.
        http://themicro3d.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sanders89 View Post
          I just heard about one on kickstarted that is being developed right now, they are planning to sell it for only $250. It is not available yet though.
          Often they quote the kickstarter price in the news. This price is only available to initial funders through kickstarter. Though I may be wrong.

Comment

Very nice to see a little comparison between the cheaper printers. Is there one printer in particular you would recommend?

AS you may have noticed by my questions, I am still a beginner on this topic, but I'm very interested in buying a printer myself and start experimenting with it.

Comment

These are some very interesting printers - thanks for this information. I am looking into more detail about these printers the first one looks worse then all the others but it is also the cheapest. I am looking into more information about what it can do.

Comment

Those prices are pretty cheap for a 3D printer. Perhaps I should look into them, as I am looking for one my self. They're actually really interesting to play with, and I'm quite excited to get my own! Thanks for this thread, it was quite helpful to find some price comparisons!

Comment

I can't speak for the other printers, but the Makibox is having huge problems on delivering printers and an even worse time communicating to buyers. I personally waited over 7 months after a supposed 10 week lead time. Still haven't received my refund that I asked for. They aren't the only ones. I started looking into the Phoenix 3D printer, but it seems to suffer as well.

My take away is really research the printer and the company. You can find a good printer for less if you look and be patient. I received my Solidoodle 2 "Expert" in just over a week on sale for $500. Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my XT907 using 3D Printing Forum mobile app

Comment

I've used or backed most of these.

Right now, of the shipping printers, I'd recommend the Printrbot Simple. It's a surprisingly good printer for the price. Of course, you're putting in "sweat" instead of cash, building the kit, calibrating, etc., but the result is a great little printer. And you learn a lot by building your own printer.

QU-BD isn't competent at manufacturing or shipping, so most of their products have an associated list of pissed off customers. I was an early backer of the QU-BD RPM mill/printer, which they never got working, but never admitted to. It took many months to get a refund (and I'm counting my blessings that the check cleared), and the people that stuck with them ended up with printers that were either badly designed (the RXL) or were incomplete (RPMs), paid for in advance. I think they're well intentioned, but don't appreciate the difference between engineering one unit that's hand crafted and works in the lab, and manufacturing and shipping units in volume that work well for normal people in the field.

Of the "future" printers, the Micro3D looks like a great option for "normal" people. They did to 3D printing what HP did for ink jet printing - transitioning from big/expensive to small/cheap by designing for mass manufacturing. So, for example, instead of having lots of parts assembled with screws, etc., they made an injection molded case - higher up front costs, of course, but much lower unit manufacturing costs, which is smart if they're betting on growing the market and driving prices down. Of course, wait for the reviews once it's shipping. But I think they'll be a winner.

The Peachy will be neat to play with (resin/laser printing is cool) but it's just a cheap way to experiment, not a "real" printer. That is, it's $99 for the laser and electronics, but you need to add containers for the water, shelving or a frame to hold it together, and dedicated a computer to drive it (while printing). I'm guessing that they'll make a follow up printer that's more of a real product than a DIY component, and THAT printer will sell like hotcakes.

Comment

The Peachy is a great concept however theyre (in kickstarter fashion) having trouble making an actually useable STL printer for their backers. The OneUp I saw at Kansas City Makerfair last month and almost purchased myself until I found solidoodle sometimes has refurb machines. They're not a perfect printer but people seem to like them with a few tweaks so I ordered mine for $300 last week. No heated bed but my hope is PLA and some love will get me printing anyhow. I spoke to the M3D Micro people and they're awesome. Printers are supposed to be shipping mid next year from them.

Comment

I was really interested in the peachy printer, but didn't go for it. It's an interesting idea.

Comment

Glad you got a SD Nogud. Let me know how it goes, I have a SD2.

They make a upgrade kit if you want the heated bed.

Comment

Originally posted by ARKtest View Post
                            Glad you got a SD Nogud. Let me know how it goes, I have a SD2.

They make a upgrade kit if you want the heated bed.
                            I am glad too. Waiting on the postal service to bring me plastic is like a kid waiting for santa. I did see the upgrade kit, hoping I don't need it tbh. Do you print in ABS or PLA?

Comment

Right now I am only printing in ABS. I bought just over 2 kg thinking I'd blow through it, but even with the case extenders that I printed, I've just put a dent in the first roll. All my prints will be blue for a while lol.

I plan on experimenting with others. There's a cool site that sells ALL the different types of filament, from regular PLA and ABS to HIPS (I think, the one that dissolves in the citrus acid) and from their own PLA and ABS that's supposed to be better to all the LAYfilament (laywood, lay brick etc) and everything in between. They also have variety packs so you can test out some of each without breaking the bank. They also have color packs.

Comment

There are some cool sites to get plasic from. Printedsolid.com has cool people running it so I will buy from them but matterhackers and toybuilderlab are other good choices from what I am told. I have PLA on the way, tomorrow or tuesday I think. cannot wait.

Comment

Thanks for the resources. I'll check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nogud247 View Post
                                    There are some cool sites to get plasic from. Printedsolid.com has cool people running it so I will buy from them but matterhackers and toybuilderlab are other good choices from what I am told. I have PLA on the way, tomorrow or tuesday I think. cannot wait.
                                    thanks both of these are in SoCal, which is in my neck of the woods.

Comment

Is there a way for me to give you my computer info., and, then, you could tell me which kind of 3D printer would be compatible with what I have, by chance?... *unsure*

Comment

As long as your computer was made within the last few years I can't imagine you're computer is not powerful enough to slice and send g code to the printer. Some people use raspberry pi boards to send info and control the printer so they don't have to keep their computer connected at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by ARKtest View Post
                                          As long as your computer was made within the last few years I can't imagine you're computer is not powerful enough to slice and send g code to the printer. Some people use raspberry pi boards to send info and control the printer so they don't have to keep their computer connected at all times.
                                          I have the latest version of a Mac laptop -

Model Name: MacBook Pro
                                          Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
                                          Processor Name: Intel Core i7
                                          Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
                                          Number of Processors: 1
                                          Total Number of Cores: 4
                                          L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
                                          L3 Cache: 6 MB
                                          Memory: 16 GB
                                          Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
                                          SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
                                          Serial Number (system): C02J60WVDKQ5
                                          Hardware UUID: C952D952-3DFC-50BB-9216-B641E92346BA

So, I guess I'm good? - I just got it last year, really...

Comment

Originally posted by abwst12 View Post

Model Name:MacBook Pro
                                            Model Identifier:MacBookPro10,1
                                            Processor Name:Intel Core i7
                                            Processor Speed:2.6 GHz
                                            Number of Processors:1
                                            Total Number of Cores:4
                                            L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
                                            L3 Cache:6 MB
                                            Memory:16 GB
                                            Boot ROM Version:MBP101.00EE.B02
                                            SMC Version (system):2.3f36
                                            Serial Number (system):C02J60WVDKQ5
                                            Hardware UUID:C952D952-3DFC-50BB-9216-B641E92346BA

Oh yes, you're good. You're very good.

Comment

Originally posted by abwst12 View Post

Model Name: MacBook Pro
                                              Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
                                              Processor Name: Intel Core i7
                                              Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
                                              Number of Processors: 1
                                              Total Number of Cores: 4
                                              L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
                                              L3 Cache: 6 MB
                                              Memory: 16 GB
                                              Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
                                              SMC Version (system): 2.3f36
                                              Serial Number (system): ******
                                              Hardware UUID: *******
                                              Yes. I run my 3D Printer and CNC machines off a RasPi. Also you may want to censor your serial and UUID information. Not completely necessary but some people are paranoid about releasing such information publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by corim123 View Post
                                                Yes. I run my 3D Printer and CNC machines off a RasPi. Also you may want to censor your serial and UUID information. Not completely necessary but some people are paranoid about releasing such information publicly.
                                                Oh, okay, I wasn't thinking about that I just copied and pasted really, when I posted my laptop-information - Thanks...

Comment

How about Solid Idea's chocolate printer? If I remember right, it only priced at $99. And it could print types of eatable chocolate, is't it cute?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X
                                                  yobit