Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner- Best 3D printer for small objects- like a tooth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner- Best 3D printer for small objects- like a tooth!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this hobby, and while I am finding a lot of information, most of the stuff I'm finding deals with printing larger objects. However, I am interested in printing small objects with detail.

The best example I can come up with is a tooth with all the grooves and ridges...what 3D printer could accurately recreate such an object where details in millimeters matter as opposed to inches.

I was looking at the Lulzbot Mini to accomplish such, what do you all think?

Thanks in advance!

You might want to look at SLA printers like, for example the Formlabs+1. Stereolithography 3D printers are good for making small feature rich objects. Although we do currently stock a FDM 3D printer that is good for smaller hi resolution objects, the Robox.

The difference between the different types is that SLA printers use resin that is activated by light to produce you model whereas FDM is a process of laying down layers of extruded thermoplastic.

Comment

Most of your big name FDM/FFF can print at a layer height from .1mm to .3mm.

So I'd say look into commissioning a print from 3D hubs so you can test the proverbial waters before jumping in.

I do know a member has a Zortrax M200 that prints at 25microns (.025mm) layer height. Its an FDM printer.

Comment

I'm part owner of Acadian robotics. We are based in Lousiana. Our 3d printer, the copperhead, has been in beta testing for over a year and is ready for the mass market. It comes in two versions, kit or assembled. The kit runs $1,400 and assembled $1,750. Right now we are running specials.
        Our printer size is 8.75"x8.75"x9" but we very easily print small objects with very good resolution.

If you would like to know more please contact me at acadianrobotics.com or visit our website www.acadianrobotics.com

Craig Billings.

Comment

Working...
        X