Help! Need some direction for a beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need some direction for a beginner

Hello everyone! My name is Blake and am fairly new to 3D printing. I purchased a CR-10 sometime in February or March of this year, and so far I am loving it. I have started to make some of my own designs but I have mostly been printing parts or models already made. I have even been making a little money by just people seeing my prints and wanting to buy them.

I have been able to make a little money from just word of mouth with people I know. I have sold things between $5-$45. But it’s not a reliable or consistent way for me to keep making money. Also some people have been wanting models with collegiate logos on them and I am unsure as to if I would be breaking any copyright laws trying to post them on anything because I designed the models myself.

So far I have been taking classes on Skillshare as well as just trial and error when it comes to making my own designs. I haven’t made too many things on my own, and what I have designed is just sculptures. I do have a Facebook page that I am going to start posting things I make. I’ve seen where having an Etsy shop is a little difficult to make a good profit and stand out on so that is kinda of keeping me from making one. Plus I just am not sure what to sell at this moment that is “original” or not breaking any copyright laws.

Which leads me to the topic of this thread. I am trying to find different avenues to which I can make some good money as well as learn more about 3D Printing. I really am just not sure where to start. I know some of the different avenues like making designs and selling the designs, creating a website or blog, renting out your printing and so on. I just really do not know where to get started.
Working...
X