3D printer for electrician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D printer for electrician

Hey, I’m just starting to get interested in 3D printing, mostly for work for now. As I am an electrician and looking for ways I can build panel labels, cable labels, and device tags. I was looking into the creality Ender pro 3 printer, it’s cheaper, and seems like it would be a good starter. My main question is would this printer or what printer could create these lamicoids? and labels that would look fairly professional or eventually look professional with practice. Hopefully I can load some pictures of what I would be looking to make.

don't get a 3d printer, get a laser or milling engraving machine for hard tags. use the black+white plastic sheet. for other things, use the industry standard label makers for industrial applications. I used them at work. they have excellent performance under all conditions. 3d printing does not exceed the value proposition of the existing products in this area. 3d printing can be used to make an enclosure for a raspberry pi that is lightweight, strong, customizable, resistant to heat and chemicals. I use it to make standoffs, risers, washers, mounting brackets, jigs, templates or other tools.

I have an ender 3. it just barely works. everything is OK nothing is great. the price is great. you can upgrade the ender 3 for very specific use cases after you want to go beyond PLA. you only need to swap the hotend to all metal hotend from microswiss to be able to print PETG or ABS. you probably need to build a cabinet around it also to raise the air temp to prevent the ABS layers delaminating.

Comment

Working...
    X