Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible over extruding issue? Need help it’s getting worse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible over extruding issue? Need help it’s getting worse.

So I am printing on an ender 3 pro and everything was printing just fine for a couple of weeks and then I started to see the beginning layers look odd. It starting looking like there were gaps between each line and i know that could be bed temp, under extruding or bed not level and too far away. Checked bed leveling and that checked out, played around with bed temp went up and down so i thought it was under extruding. Now after letting things print just to see what happens it looks like it is over extruding for the first few layers (see picture). Not sure what is happening. Anyone have any ideas?​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7230.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	501.6 KB
ID:	125011

Check that the nozzle size the machine is set for is the size you are using.
    Then check your extrusion percentages - some machines have a default extrusion percentage (mine was 120%) which suit the "in-house" filament. If you are using a different filament that might not be appropriate.
    Then check extrusion temperatures - make sure they are in range for the filament you are using.

Comment

Just so someone knows if they have a similar issue as this I cleaned out the hot end by removing the nozzle and pushing the Bowden tube through. I must have had a gap between it and the top of the nozzle inside the hot end because there was a decent amount of leftover filament I cleaned out. It still has the same issue but to a much less extreme. Ordered a capricorn tube to possibly help the issue further. When I get rid of the issue in its entirety I will update with the full solution hopefully helping other people out.

Comment

Working...
      X