Printing ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing ABS

Hi everyone ive got the BQ Hephestos prusa i3 with a heated bed, I want to try printing ABS, how do I get the bed upto the correct temp for abs it takes nearly an hour to reach 62° then seems to stop there any pointers please. Thanks

What is your ambient temperature in the room? Do you have the machine in a closed environment? Also IMO ABS is tricky. I just don't use it anymore fhat reason and it stinks too bad for me.

Comment

If your bed is taking that long, you must have a bad connection going to the bed. Check the solder connections to the board and if that is ok, check the screw connections to the controller.

Comment

The connectors on the power supply were a little loose, so ive tightened those how long should it take for the bed to get up to temp?

Comment

I've got the bed upto 74° but no further however ive printed it at that temp on the bed and nozzle temp at 240° and got a nice result, very pleased with it, will use abs a bit more I think.

Comment

Try cutting an old amazon shipping box to fit over your printer and enclose it. Also make sure ceiling fans are off and the AC vent is not blowing on it. Also, make sure your wires going to the bed are not getting hot. It could be a bad/dirty connection on either the connectors or even a bad solder joint on the heatbed. I had a ground wire melt the sheathing because the pins were dirty. If might also be that your board might not have a good enough driver to pump out the amps to get it to temp. Some people get a mosfet and use it to drive the bed.

Comment

I hate these printers that are fully open and people have to use cardboard to contain it. But hey each person has their own likes and dislikes. Anyways, you can get some thin, cheap sheet metal and build a frame.

Comment

Working...
              X