Help with very messy prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with very messy prints

I am very very new to the 3d printing world. Ive finally figured out how to make the printer work, but my 2 attempts so far have been awful. Very messy, looks nothing like its supposed to, so bad I killed the print

(Pictured below)
    This was the beginning of what was supposed to be a lego block...

How do I fix this extreme messiness??

XYZ Davinci 1.0A

Looks like you have poor layer adhesion, try upping your print temperature by 5 degree increments to see if it helps. Under extrusion could also be a problem so upping your extrusion multiplier again by small increments might help. Either setting could be too high so lowering them might be worth a try too.

I'd be interested to know if my suggestions help in any way.
    Last edited by Rik; 08-01-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rik
      Looks like you have poor layer adhesion, try upping your print temperature by 5 degree increments to see if it helps. Under extrusion could also be a problem so upping your extrusion multiplier again by small increments might help. Either setting could be too high so lowering them might be worth a try too.

I'd be interested to know if my suggestions help in any way.
      Whats an extrusion multiplier?

I am very new have no idea what anything means lol

Comment

extrusion multiplier means the rate at which your printer will extrude material. It is basically the "flow rate". You will find the option of flow rate in "Configure Setting Visibility…".
        You have to check the setting that whether it is 100% or not

Comment

Looks like poor bed adhesion and too hot. Was it stuck to the bed?

Comment

Had another thought about your problem. I suspect your printer is using 1.75mm filament. You need to check your slicing software to make sure the filament diameter is set to 1.75mm and not 2.85mm. The wrong diameter value in your software will result in incorrect extrusion causing the kind of issue shown in your picture. Check out Makers Muse on Youtube. I got my printer dialed in and working well after following a lot of good advice from Angus.

Comment

Working...
            X