X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidhk129
    replied
    Just to show what I said on Post#3.
    Here is a screenshot when I used Cura 15.04.6 and saved the ponyxpress1.gcode to sd card in drive E. Yet when I inserted the sd card to my printer, and tried to print, the machine did not see the file.

Leave a comment:

• davidhk129
    replied
    I don't know how to "slice". I had only 2 days of getting to know a 3D printer.
    MP Select Mini includes a sd card preinstalled with Cura 15.04.6 and Repetier-host. It also include 2 3d files in the sd card.
    One is a cat and one is a robot. I did print them.

Leave a comment:

• davidhk129
    started a topic Monoprice Select Mini V2 printer

Monoprice Select Mini V2 printer

Hi, I am a complete newbie to this. I know absolutely nothing about 3D printing.
    I bought a MP Select Mini V2 and received delivery today, July 10th.
    Took me a while to set it up even with the better than average manual. I finally got it set and proceeded to print the Cat model which comes with the printer in a sd card.
    It's still printing and I am keeping an eye on it.So far so good.

I downloaded a Vase print file from Thingiverse to my pc. The zipped file was extracted.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3732435
    My question:
    If I copy the Vase file to a sd card and insert it to my 3D printer, after the initial turning on the printer routine> Preheat etc etc , do I just go to Print > select the file and the printer will start printing? Is that all I have to do?
    I don't want to do any "gcode", "slicing" etc. I just want to print something that is pre-made.
    I am 76. A little old to learn a new technology. Not just yet. Until I have my feet wet, then maybe.
    Please advise. Thank you.
    Last edited by davidhk129; 07-10-2019, 08:23 PM.
Working...
X