Ring Around 3D Prints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Around 3D Prints

Hi, I received a 3D printer recently and everything seems to be working great -- however, I don't see this in YouTube videos or as a problem on any other 3D printer creations, and in addition to that, cannot seem to find anything regarding it on any error forums, so it may just be a common part of 3D printing that I'm ignorant of. Whenever I print, a small, incredibly thin layer of PLA forms around my creations. They end up having a jagged edge because I have to peel the thin layer off, and in some creations that just ruins the entire product's look. Is there any way to stop this or at least prevent the thin part from ruining the model when peeled off? Perhaps another way to peel it off? Thanks.

Printer model: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ass.../dp/B07515FG7P
    The part peeling is what I am concerned about. The ring on the dog knob made the edge of the knob itself jagged, and I would like to prevent that.

Change in your slicer the setting "brim" to "skirt" or just "no brim"

Comment

Or get a little scalpel to cut off the edge. And carefully clean the edges. some of my prints are asking for more post-production.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbel2005 View Post
        Change in your slicer the setting "brim" to "skirt" or just "no brim"
        This was my issue! Thanks so much.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
        Working...
        X