HELP - Plastic keeps binding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Plastic keeps binding

I have a Geeetech prusa clone. Lately when I try to print, the plastic binds in the PTFE tube. It sticks hard enough to stop the print. It sticks so much that I can't even pull it out by hand, I have to take the whole extruder apart and force it out. Sometimes even that isn't good enough and I have to drill it out. Any suggestions will be appreciated 'cause I'm totally lost. PLA or ABS, both do the same thing.

I dont have a bowman extruder, I use direct drive on my printer. Have you seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4zALRcICmk
    If it is direct, make sure the PTFE tube in the extruder is proper length, if it is too short then the filament will pool and press back in the gap. It could also be clogs in the nozzle or loss of power on the heater temporarily. If it is clogging, then use a dust wipe to clean the filament before it goes into the extruder. Hope any of this helps

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
    Working...
    X