Enders 3 extrusion stepper motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enders 3 extrusion stepper motor

Hi not sure if i have a problem or not , I have just purchased an enders 3 first few days printing was going ok after I took the glass bed off , could not get anythink to stick to it but now I have noticed a clonking from extrusion stepper motor , it clonks and the shaft shifts back about 1/4 turn, I thought it was the little grubs screws holding drive wheel that had come loose but its not them , is this normal or has somethink come loose in the motor itself.

No, not a stepper problem. What is happening is that the stepper is trying to push filament through, but there is either an obstruction (clogged nozzle) or your temp is dropping on your hotend. Think of your filament as a spring that is being compressed. Eventually that spring overcomes the stepper motors ability to keep pushing and it is pushed back until the stepper can push again. Clean your nozzle and watch your temp on your hotend.

Comment

Hi Harold j1956 thanks for your reply , I have put new nozzle and tube in reinstalled cura i think you may be right with temp dont know why was printing fine then got worse and worse hot end is 205 deg will try 210 and let you know.

Comment

Hi Haroldj1956 you were right looks like it was a blockage ,I have given hot end another good clean out and now is working perfect ,thanks for your help was starting to drive me mad after I already thought I had cleaned out good but was still getting same problem ,happy printing.

Comment

Glad to hear you are up and running again. Most extruder problems are either temp or blockage if the rest of your machine is ok.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
          Working...
          X