Just a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question

I just joined the forum today.Iam a beginner and new to this and know nothing about 3d printing but it fascinates me.Iam retired and now I can get into things I always wanted to do.My question for my first printer I would like to spend no more than $250.00 and I would like one that I can setup and use right out of the box I don't want to buy one I have to assemble yet because iam not good at that.So what are the suggestions on what I could buy and have fun with while learning.Iam just not ready to spend a lot of money to start out with.

Creality ender 3. I don't have one but you read you can assemble it in 30 minutes. It should print OK right out the box without tinkering.

Comment

I would start by going to google and typing best 3D printers for 250 . Preassembled printers at that price would still require some tinkering. Look at Creality where 3/4 is assembled and require minimal assembly. Things to watch out for is some printers like Anet require firmware installation which can be a little tricky. Check out PRUSA printers that come assembled and calibrated they are more user friendly than cheap diy printers. No matter what printer you get there is still a lot to learn about filament types, terminology, slicers, and troubleshooting failed prints. Having a willingness to learn is a good start, these forums are a place to go when trouble arises. Learning the terminology is the best place to start and PLA is the filament to start with. There are also good groups on facebook to join. A lot of us design and build a second printer from scratch once we have learned the in and outs. I am here on occasion not so much to ask for help but to give it. Check out the Robotshop for some printers as well they offer support and better warranties a great place to deal with if Amazon isn't your thing. You can always leave me a msg here. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbel2005 View Post
        Creality ender 3. I don't have one but you read you can assemble it in 30 minutes. It should print OK right out the box without tinkering.
        I looked at a few reviews on you tube and the reviewers said it functions like more expensive printers but the assembly process might frustrate a person new to the hobby.And they showed the
        assembly process and as I said iam not ready for that just yet.Unlike a lot of you guys iam not good at putting things together.

Comment

Originally posted by justdon
          I just joined the forum today.Iam a beginner and new to this and know nothing about 3d printing but it fascinates me.Iam retired and now I can get into things I always wanted to do.My question for my first printer I would like to spend no more than $250.00 and I would like one that I can setup and use right out of the box I don't want to buy one I have to assemble yet because iam not good at that.So what are the suggestions on what I could buy and have fun with while learning.Iam just not ready to spend a lot of money to start out with.
          U could get an xyz printer there very good but they require u to use there filament

Comment

The xyz davinci mini looks good.But does anybody know how good the monoprice select mini or their delta mini is.

Comment

Well wish me luck I ordered a Geetech a10.

Comment

I'm sorry. It's the Cr 10 that you can build in half an hour...
                The Geetech is a clone of the ender 3.
                It looks good. No acrylic frame like Anet and prepared for adding autolevel.
                Hope you like your new printer a lot.

Comment

I just got my printer and after I get through with places I have to go to today I will come back and hopefully I won't mess up to bad trying to start my new hobby.Iam scared I am going to mess up something.

Comment

I'd like to hear how it goes. I am a 3D printer manufacturer. We are on our 3rd model. That price range is good for hobbyists but understand you will most likely have to make some tweeks to get the printer how you want it. I went down that route long ago. It was how I learned so much about the technology. Good luck!

Comment

I started my assembly this evening and now I remember its never good for me to assemble anything.Iam still trying to figure out how to get my filament holder mounted.I think I will stop for the evening it might be easy to assemble but not for me.I will have to say if iam lucky I will have this together by Friday.I knew I should have brought one that could go right out of the box to get started with.But I blame myself for that.I knew this would be a disaster.I will get back on it tomorrow.

Comment

Finaly I got the filament holder on.Now the cable to hook up the lcd will not reach I think I picked the wrong printer.Anybody with any advice that has assembled one.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
                        Working...
                        X