Messy surface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messy surface

Hi all! I'm very new to 3d printing and have noticed that when I print the likes of symmetrical columns, the top plinth always ends up stringy and not smooth. How would one go about fixing this? A friend recommended using a solvent to kind of smear the plastic together, but I'd prefer to learn how to make the model perfect from the start. Cheers in advance!
    Attached Files

if these are at the top of the print you are trying to print in mid air not possible without support material below it and that can be a mess. The best you can do without support is a 45 degree upward as each layer must have something to pprint on

Comment

Hey Rob, yeah after a bit of research I figure this out. I enabled supports, but it still wouldn't work very well. I printed it two halves and with some acetone, melted the two halves together which solved the issue.

Comment

What I would do is put that side at the bottom print it first then go smaller as you go up or print the top pieces separate and slide the column into it

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
        Working...
        X