Problems with Copperfill filament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Copperfill filament

Hi! I am new to 3D printing. I have problems with Colorfabb's copperfill filament. When I try to print something, I end up with a few succesfull layers, but after that with a blob of plastic (see picture 1.). I tried swapping out the nozzle, cleaning up the hot end and changing the temperature and I am able to get something printed (see picture 2.), but it just crumbles like the nozzle would be clogged though it's not. I used the first time 210C on the nozzle and 60C on the bed, second time 195C and 50C first layer 40C to the rest. My printer is a Tevo Tornado. Can somebody help me?

Thanks, Patrick
    Picture 1. Picture 2.

I would try using a larger nozzle diameter if you are using a 0.4 try 0.5 0.6 the resolution won't be as good. You can also try printing at a slower speed and perhaps stainless steel nozzle. These filaments are aggressive and wear out nozzles faster. Or get a gold color filament non filled.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger3D View Post
      I would try using a larger nozzle diameter if you are using a 0.4 try 0.5 0.6 the resolution won't be as good. You can also try printing at a slower speed and perhaps stainless steel nozzle. These filaments are aggressive and wear out nozzles faster. Or get a gold color filament non filled.
      Thanks for your answer! I will try printing with these tips and let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger3D View Post
        Sorry, did not work. I use a hardened steel nozzle, but I don't have a bigger nozzle and I want to print figures and stuff like that so a lower resolution won't work for me. Do you have any other ideas?

Comment

can you try printing a 20 mm block only nothing complex and post a pix and the brand and name of filament and have you tried other types of filament...but do just a cube with that filament llet me know

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
          Working...
          X