Stringing issues!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stringing issues!

Hey everyone! Iím totally new at this, so patience would be greatly appreciated

I just got an ender 3, and Iíve been using Cura. I have a small business that Iíd like to design and print my own cookie cutters for. When I go to print one, it gives me bad stringing. So, I calibrated the bed and I changed the retraction settings and did a string test print and it did well. I went to go print my cookie cutter with the same settings and it printed just as stringy as originally. Iíve tried adjusting temps and that hasnít helped (anything between 180-220). My bed is at 60, and I have to have the initial layer at 210 or it wonít stick to the bed. But after that Iíve been turning the nozzle temp down/up and nothing has helped. Is it something with my design or is there another setting I need to mess with since the walls are so thin (2mm)? Thanks everyone!

I am new too but I know you will be asked what type of filament your using PLA ABS or some other type?

Comment

Do you have a parts cooling fan and is it working ? Have you calibrated the extruder ? try increasing the print speed, try adding a brim to the part maybe 2 or 3 that will help it stick to bed and a lower bed temperature. But I would try increasing print speed less time for stuff to ooze out. Also find and watch Youtube video on Tom's 3d printing problems and solutions. You can also try making the extrusion multiplier 0.9. If you have a different filament try that. Let me know.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
      Working...
      X